American Idle

It's kinda like American Idol, but only if you sing my posts out loud.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hamilton Square, New Jersey, United States

Tax guy, host & producer of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, former co-host of the Wall Street Journal E-Report

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Week Three picks

Although it appears I'm preaching to an empty room, I will continue to make football picks to satisfy my inner curiosity of whether or not I would actually make money if I played the mafia pools. Assuming I spent $10 a week playing 4 games (to win $100), I'd be out $20 so far (I was 2-2 in week 1 and 3-1 in week 2). So in my next futile attempt to almost win money, here's my week 3 picks.

Raiders (+8) at Eagles
Please, the Eagles are going to have a field dayon this team. While the Raiders offense coughs and sputters its way to maybe 17 points, the Eagles will score left and right on their defense. Although I'm not happy about it, the Raiders will probably be 0-3 after this weekend and my hopes of drafting Matt Leinart increases.
Doob's pick: Eagles (ugh)

Bengals (-3) at Bears
The Bears have a damn good defense, but the Bengals offense is too good to only spot the Bears three points...especially considering how bad the Bears' offense is. Even if the Bengals win 17-13, they'll still beat the spread.
Doob's pick: Bengals

Packers (+3.5) at Buccaneers
Even though they're not in the same division anymore this is too close of a rivalry to spot the Packers 3.5 points at home. The Packers are 0-2 and the Bucs are 2-0, so this is a good time for the law of averages to kick in.
Doob's pick: Packers

Cardinals (+6) at Seahawks
Screw the Cardinals, I'm wondering why I wasted my time picking them the first two weeks of the season. The Seahawks will win by at least 10.
Doob's pick: Seahawks

Picks to appease the locals
This section implied that there were locals who cared about football even reading the picks. Since there appears to be no one around, I'm discontinuing this section. If there *is* actually someone out there who's pick is hanging on my all-knowing analysis, thanks for making me feel better, but you have other issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares