American Idle

It's kinda like American Idol, but only if you sing my posts out loud.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hamilton Square, New Jersey, United States

Tax guy, host & producer of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, former co-host of the Wall Street Journal E-Report

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Parental Search Update: We have progress

So the intake interview went well today with my case worker hitting me with all the possible outcomes just to make sure I'm prepared to do the search. What if they say yes, what if they say no? What if they don't respond? What if they're dead? What if they're a criminal or a nut case? What if they're dead, criminal nut cases who are indecisive? Bring it on, I'm ready.

They said they think they've found my mother and, if they're correct, her parents are also alive as well (going by the report they'd be 80 and 81). I also found out how I came to be, according to what our case worker in 1970 had recorded. Apparently, my parents met at a party through mutual friends and had dated for several months before I was conceived. Her parents talked her into adoption as she was felt to be a bit immature at 20 (understandable).

CHS recommended some good tips, especially the concept of handling the relationship like you would any new person you meet. Take it slow and then decide whether or not you wish to release the your personal information to each other. She also recommended setting up a fake email account to start correspondence with and then, depending on how everything goes, take it from there.

So anyway, the first letter to make contact goes out by the end of the week. Now, it gets interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares