American Idle

It's kinda like American Idol, but only if you sing my posts out loud.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hamilton Square, New Jersey, United States

Tax guy, host & producer of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, former co-host of the Wall Street Journal E-Report

Monday, September 19, 2005

Parental search update: Background search is in


Well, on Wednesday I got my background search results in. Unfortunately, there's not much more new info of interest to me. Since this information was gathered way back in 1970 when I was put up for adoption, my mother (my adopted mother) already had jotted most of the vitals...parents nationality, height, hair color, etc. What was new was that I got results back on my birth mother and her immediate family (parents and brother) and neat things like their hobbies...for instance my mother liked to snowmobile and both my mother and grandmother were musically inclined...traits that apparently aren't genetic as proved by my aversion to speed and ice and my monthlong stints learning the organ and guitar back in the seventies. (the simple fact that I took organ lessons proves that I grew up in the 70's)

Even more telling was the lack of information on my father's side...whereas my mother's immediate family was listed, no one besides him was listed on the report. It's almost like she filed the report on his behalf. However, there is one tie-in that probably explained their relationship. Their occupations were both listed with him being a factory worker and she a factory inspector. Sounds like a little extracurricular activity was going on outside of work!

If this is true it probably confirms my suspicions...their relationship was probably a mere fling. As much as I'd like to meet my father, I'm more optimistic about the chances of meeting my mother. My father's probably long gone and more than likely has little to no interest in meeting me.

Anyway, my intake interview with the adoption agency is set up for tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. This is where they screen me to find out my intentions and to make sure I understand the situation I might be getting into (I may not WANT to be found) before they make contact with the parents. I'll keep everyone posted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Doobie said...

Hey thanks, but it's no biggie right now. the fun's just starting!

9/20/2005 6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares