American Idle

It's kinda like American Idol, but only if you sing my posts out loud.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hamilton Square, New Jersey, United States

Tax guy, host & producer of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, former co-host of the Wall Street Journal E-Report

Thursday, September 01, 2005

New Orleans: They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into...


I actually posted the below as a comment in another blog, but I couldn't waste a good rant without sharing it here. Here's a link to the article that Spike referenced.

If nothing else, I hopes this serves a lesson to everyone else that when you are urged/ordered to evacuate a city, you do so. I don't care if you feared losing your possessions to looters...you more than likely would have lost them anyway to nature. And if you had children or other dependant relatives, your dumbass decision may have just doomed them too. And if you stuck around just so you COULD loot and profiteer from other people's misery, well then screw you...you deserve the hell you're living in. Aside from those who had legitimate reasons to stick around (including the very poor), who I truly feel sorry for are the people who now have to go and rescue your asses from the third world situation you helped create. Unlike the tsunami victims, you had a choice in your fate and you fucked it up. I'll be donating money to the Red Cross regardless, but I feel almost nauseous doing so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares