American Idle

It's kinda like American Idol, but only if you sing my posts out loud.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hamilton Square, New Jersey, United States

Tax guy, host & producer of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, former co-host of the Wall Street Journal E-Report

Friday, February 24, 2006

What the hell are we calling this decade anyway?

Seriously. In five years when VH1 does their "I Love The..." series about this decade, what will they be calling it? The 2000's? The Aughts? The Aughties? What the hell did they call it back in 1910?

*Update*: Apparently Wikipedia doesn't even know.

If I was into seances, this is how I would waste time with my grandparents.

"Grandma?"
"Tommy! I'm so happy! You've given me a beautiful great-grandchild! I'm so proud of you!"
"Uh yeah, that's great and all...but I have a question for you."
"What is it? Do you want to know how your grandfather and I are doing? Do you want to know what heaven is like?"
"Uh. Kinda. What I really want to know is...uh...what did they call the 1900's when you were alive?"
(uncomfortable silence)
"I always did like your sister best."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares