American Idle

It's kinda like American Idol, but only if you sing my posts out loud.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hamilton Square, New Jersey, United States

Tax guy, host & producer of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, former co-host of the Wall Street Journal E-Report

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Bad choice of clothing


So I'm in WaWa today grabbing coffee before I go to work and a guy with a full blown, mid-eighties Wayne Gretzky Edmonton Oiler jersey is there. As he's walking out, I say to him, "ooof, all you need is a guy in a Tocchet jersey with a wad of money following you around and you'd be all set". He just mumbled something under his breath and walked away.

Let's briefly recap Gretzky history. Wayne Gretzky played for the Edmonton (Alberta, Canada) Oilers up until the late eighties. He finished his career with the New York Rangers in 1999. Aside from coaching the Phoenix Coyotes and Team Canada in the Olympics, he's been relatively out of the spotlight until the recent gambling scandal that arose last week.

Dude, if you're going to wear an Oilers Gretzky jersey NOW, you'd better have a sense of humor. You don't see me walking around dressed like Dick Cheney in an orange hunting blazer, and if I did, you know I'd be smiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares