American Idle

It's kinda like American Idol, but only if you sing my posts out loud.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hamilton Square, New Jersey, United States

Tax guy, host & producer of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, former co-host of the Wall Street Journal E-Report

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Royals fan sells team loyalty for $278

Boy, this pretty much sums up my lifetime of following baseball. Minus the $278, of course.

I'm trying to become a Phillies fan again, which I was prior to 1980 (actually, prior to the 1980 World Series, which is when I...with the wisdom of a fickle 10-year old...inexplicably switched teams). Now that Matt's almost old enough to attend a baseball game, I even went and bought him a Phillies outfit, hoping that him and I could enjoy following the same team. It's difficult to get into Phillies games again, but I'm trying...

1 Comments:

Blogger Doobie said...

This team's closer to contracting (having their franchise disbanded) than they are to winning a World Series. Part of me wishes they *would* contract so that I could root for another team with a clear conscience and I could reminisce about the "old" Royals (while conveniently forgetting everything post 1994).

5/07/2006 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares